Thursday, July 12, 2012

[MW:14850] When is it best to gouge for a Repair PQT

Dear experts,

I have a repair procedure that I am currently running on 24" pipe (API 60Z and API 50TZ mtl's).
The idea is to complete the original weld, gouge all round for the first repair, do  the repair, gouge the left hand side (from 6, 7 , 8 .... 11 to 12 o'clock) for second repair.

 I have completed the original weld today (about 12pm) and I want it to cool to ambient temperature before I do an internal UT check for any possible defect. You can refer to the attached for clearer understanding.

My question is ; Can I do the gouging today (same day of completion of the original weld) How long can I wait before I can do the gouging for the repair (1st ans 2nd)

many thanks and regards,
Abdulrahman

--
To post to this group, send email to materials-welding@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to materials-welding+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group's bolg at http://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

No comments:

[MW:34919] Welder qualification certificate

Dear All     anyone can share a format for welder certificate and card format        Thanks & Best Regards Saleem manhappulath Mob:+9665...