Thursday, February 16, 2012

[MW:13716] ECA design

Dear Expert
Now I'm working with pipeline specification (AS 2885.2). I have
submitted WPS to client for approval with out CTOD test but client
said " I have to do CTOD test). because project spec. state ") CTOD
testing shall be performed in accordance with AS 2205.7.3 whenever an
ECA is used to develop weld flaw acceptance criteria or whenever the
base material is CTOD tested.".
My question is
1."How to know that which piping class was designed with ECA and what
project document will show this requirement?' Because I try to find in
many project spec. but I can't see (may be I miss) so why client want
me to do CTOD test.
2. Could you please explain when we have to employ ECA?
3. In project spec. said " when an ECA is employed, the NDT method to
be used shall be AUT. ", why RT can't use?

Please help me by share your experience.
Best Regards
Mr. SOLOMON
QA/QC Engineer

--
To post to this group, send email to materials-welding@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to materials-welding+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group's bolg at http://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

No comments:

[MW:34920] Tubesheet Hole step

Hello Team, I have one question any tolerance given for tubesheet Hole step. Please do needful. Regards, AP  -- https://materials-...