Sunday, June 22, 2014

Re: [MW:21207] I. D. MACHINING/ BORING OF SA 106 GR. B PIPES

You do not need to bore the whole pipe. You could taper the pipe end to match the flange diameter
Best regards
Dr Georgios Dilintas
Authorized Nuclear Inspector
Authorized Inspector Supervisor
HBS Regional Technical Manager


  From: "'CHINTUKUMAR GANDHI' via Materials & Welding" [materials-welding@googlegroups.com]
  Sent: 06/20/2014 04:05 AM MST
  To: "materials-welding@googlegroups.com" <materials-welding@googlegroups.com>
  Subject: [MW:21200] I. D. MACHINING/ BORING OF SA 106 GR. B PIPES


Dear Experts,

Good day to all. I need your experts' advise for an issue. In ASME U Stamp jobs, may we bore/ machine the I.D. of SA 106 Gr. B Pipes from higher schedule to lower schedule, to match with W.N. Flnage I.D? Actually, we required 8" NPS Sch. 30 pipe and available with us 8" NPS Sch. 40. 

If no, please give me the code reference.

Awaiting for your prompt response.

Thanks & regards,

C. R. GANDHI
(QCM)
This message contains confidential information. To know more, please click on the following link: http://disclaimer.bureauveritas.com

No comments:

[MW:34920] Tubesheet Hole step

Hello Team, I have one question any tolerance given for tubesheet Hole step. Please do needful. Regards, AP  -- https://materials-...