Sunday, March 21, 2010

[MW:4589] RE: Welding of Brasses & Bronzes


Hi Prem,
Good Day to you
The attachment you sent on welding of cast iron and copper alloys really is helpful for me. I will try to apply these concepts practically. I have also consulted the handbook of consumables manufacturers but unfortunately I did not get the required information. Kindly send me if you have any other material related to consumables selection event if it is about Stainless Steel. Also I would be very happy if I can help you in any kind of problem although I am a fresh metallurgical engineer having almost no experience in practical field.
Regards,
Uzzmaan

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 07:32:48 +0000
To: uzzmaan@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Re: Welding of Brasses & Bronzes
From: prem_nautiyal@rediffmail.com
CC: materials-welding@googlegroups.com; prem_nautiyal@rediffmail.com

Hi Uzzmaan

Enclosed herewith is a small writeup (attachment) on Welding of Cast irons and Copper alloys which talks about selection of consumables.
Trust it will benefit you.

As you start working on these alloys you will gain more experience...

Also i suggest that you should refer Product Handbook of any Maintenance & Repair Consumable manufacturer for the selection of correct consumables / procedure for your application.
If you are in India then call me on my cell.

Regards

Prem Nautiyal
Cell: 9820313278

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:43:44 +0530 wrote
>Hi Prem

Many thanks for your reply. I have already consulted these documents.

But there is only a standard composition against each electrode coding

but unfortunately there is no selection criteria of electrodes for

Brasses,Bronzes and Cast Iron. For example in some applications we use

an electrode that gives the deposit of 60% Ni and rest of Fe for Cast

Iron Welding where as sometimes we use the electrode that gives 55% Ni

for the same kind of applications and sometimes we use an electrode

that gives 99.99% Ni. But I dont know the selection criteria. I mean

why dont we use an electrode that gives exactly the Cast Iron

composition. Same is the case with Brasses and Bronzes. I hope that I

have explained my problem.



On Mar 9, 10:15 am, "PREM SHANKARDUTT NAUTIYAL"

wrote:

> Hi Uzzmaan

>

> You better read the following specifications in ASME Sec II Part C :

> 1) SFA 5.6 - Covered copper and copper alloy arc welding electrodes, 2) SFA:5.7 - Copper and Copper Alloy bare welding rods /electrodes, 3) SFA 5.15- Welding electrodes and rods for Cast iron.

>

> You will get your answers.

>

> If you still have any doubts then post your queries which will be answered immediately..

>

> Regards

>

> Prem Nautiyal

> Mumbai.

> Cell: 9820313278

>

> On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:45:26 +0530 wrote

>

> >Hey Guys how r u?

>

> I m Uzzmaan and I hv recently joined this group. Can any body tell me

>

> that what is the criteria to select the SMAW electrode to join cast

>

> Iron, Brasses & Bronzes? I mean what is the criteria to select the

>

> electrode that will join Brass or that can be used to fill the

>

> porosities present in the cast iron,brass or bronze castings?

>

> --

>

> To post to this group, send email to materials-welding@googlegroups.com

>

> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to materials-welding-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

>

> For more options, visit this group's bolg athttp://materials-welding.blogspot.com/

>

> The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

>

> PREM S NAUTIYAL

> CELL :9820313278



PREM S NAUTIYAL
CELL : 9820313278


Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

No comments:

[MW:34919] Welder qualification certificate

Dear All     anyone can share a format for welder certificate and card format        Thanks & Best Regards Saleem manhappulath Mob:+9665...