Tuesday, July 26, 2011

[MW:11943] QW 200.4(b)

Dear All,
 
Can anybody give detail interpretation of this clause??
 
For example I am describing below mentioned problem.
 
I want to weld 100mm thick plate for use of Heat Exchanger with Impact requirement and with the help of multiple processes - Root GTAW followed by SMAW and SAW.
 
I already have three PQR of individual process with GTAW - Thck 10mm , SMAW - 25mm thk and SAW - 50mm thk. All are satisfying imapct requirement.
 
 
NOW Can I use prepare a WPS with supporting of this three PQR?
 
My Interpretation of this clause is as under:
 
I can prepare this WPS with the help of this three PQR but my WPS will be qualified for thickness of 10mm to 20mm hence I cannot use this WPS for intended job.
 
If I can have PQR of GTAW with plate thickness of 13mm I can use this PQR and range will be 13mm to 100mm as root run GTAW  PQR with thickness of 13mm or more will qualify for any greater thickness base material root run welding.
 
 
If my interpretation is wrong or any new ideas/views or Observations are there from you people i would like to understand it.
 
Thanks
 
Yash Yagnik
 
 
                                                   
 

--
To post to this group, send email to materials-welding@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to materials-welding+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group's bolg at http://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

No comments:

[MW:34820] RE: 34813] Clarification in Rate of heating and cooling.

Hello,   Please see the response below.   Regards.   P. Goswami, P. Eng, IWE.   From: materials-welding@googlegroups.com <materials-weld...