Friday, May 16, 2008

[MW:776] Electrode Qualification Requirement

Dear all members,

I have a query regarding electrode E6010 & E8010-G batch qualification
test requirement as per ASME Sec II-C.

We have procured E6010 (SFA 5.1) & E8010-G electrodes and now we want
to do their batch qualification test. Which type of tests (chemical,
mechanical, RT etc.) are required for their batch qualification as per
ASME Sec II-C ?

Which are other things that I have to check in their T.C.
(Manufacturer's Test Certificate) apart from these qualification
testing ?

I will be very grateful if anybody can give me reply in little details
regarding exact type of testing.

Also, I want to further elaborate on this.

For E6010, SFA-5.1, Table 4 represents required tests.

We have size of electrode is 3.2 mm, so for this size "no testing is
required", as I interpreted. Am I correct on this ?

And what about manufacturer, even he is also not required to do any
testing if he goes by this specification (SFA 5.01-schedule I or J,
whatever it is)....then on what basis he can certify E6010 electrode
having 3.2 mm size ?

So, as far as SFA-5.1 is concern, for E6010 electrode with 3.2 mm size
no testing is required ??

I am confused on this point. Can you please explain or clarify my
doubt ?

ALso, I am not able to interpret the note (2) given at the bottom of
Table-4.....what actually this note (2) means ?

I will be grateful to you and will appreciate your reply on this for
my better understanding of code.

Thanks & Regards,

Krissy

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To post to this group, send email to materials-welding@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to materials-welding-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group's bolg at http://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Re: [MW:34913] Filler wire

E71T-1C  is Charpy Impact tested at -20degC E71T-1CJ is Charpy impact tested at -40degC. AWS Classification for FCAW is only a supplementary...