Monday, February 7, 2022

[MW:32814] Re: Impact test ASME b 31.3 ed. 2020

just adding,

for PQR qualification, impact test cant be exempted if require by service, there are many discussions in the forum, 
by providing MTC of consumable, " YOUR CONSUMABLE JUST ELIGIBLE TO WELD OR USE" for said applicable.

based on consumable MTC or base metal MTC, you cant just get a waiver in PQR.

purpose of PQR to check all combinations of base metal+ consubamble+welder+machine are able to produce the desired results.

On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 6:21:21 AM UTC+3 ROLANDO RC wrote:
Good afternoon, My name is Rolando and I just registered. The forum is excellent!

I bring the following doubt about the table Table 323.2.2 Requirements for low temperature toughness tests for metals ASME B31.3 2020

As we can see, it has a revision in table A-3 (b) (2020) where I understand that if I have a certified welding consumable with impact test I can exempt said test in the WPS qualification, for example:

If I have a SA-333 gr 6 material with manufacturing certificate and charpy according to the standard (18 J to -45), it can be welded with a consumable E 7018-1 certified by the factory with charpy (27 J to -45)
If I use this combination on my PQR, can I waive the impact test on my PQR weld? ... assuming I already have a metal base and a factory crash tested consumables certificate? (then I interpret table 323.2.2 table A-3 does not speak of the ZAC)

greetings and thanks!

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to materials-welding+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/materials-welding/f2ac85bf-8652-4b6e-83b2-6eb6d9c70d94n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

[MW:34919] Welder qualification certificate

Dear All     anyone can share a format for welder certificate and card format        Thanks & Best Regards Saleem manhappulath Mob:+9665...