Thursday, October 14, 2010

Re: [MW:7569] MTC review of material BSEN 10025: 2004 S275JR

Dear Mr.Limesh,
                          You can accept the MTC if your client does not specify the condition of supply. Bend test is not mandatory, if you require then only mill will provide.

2010/10/14 limesh M <limesh78@gmail.com>

Dear All,

 

I need your help. I have to review one MTC of material BSEN 10025: 2004 S275JR+AR.

Material Size – 152.0 X 152.0 X30.0 (All dimension are in mm)

I have reviewed EN10025-2 and found thecooresponding grade S275JR.But I couldn't find any S275JR+AR in that standard.

I found that AR means 'As rolled'. But my client specification says S275JR only; it doesn't mention any AR (As rolled) or N (Supply Normalised+Normalised rolled condition).
What is this as rolled condition? Means with out any heat treatment?

In this case what I have to do, Can I accept or reject the MTC?

180° bend report is mandatory or not as per EN10025-2 for this material? I found that some MTC showing bend test report and some MTC not showing.
Some MTC showing EN10025 -2 but some MTC showing EN 10025 only(Material grade and other things are OK).In this case what I have to do? Accept or reject?

Furthermore, in the MTC, it has been mentioned that, required minimum value of Yield, Tensile and Impact are 275 Mpa, 410 Mpa, and 27 Joules. Again I reviewed corresponding standard (EN10025-2, 2004) and found that in table 7 (Mechanical properties at ambient temperature for flat and long products of steel grades and qualities with values for the impact strength), thickness >16mm and ≤40mm, 265 Mpa is acceptable. As per my understanding if the thickness of material is above 16 mm and below or equal to 40 mm, 265 Mpas is acceptable.

Now I get confused, which is right, my interpretation or mill certificate value .I don't have much idea about EN standards, Could you please clarify my doubt.
 
Regards,
 
Limesh
 

--
To post to this group, send email to materials-welding@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to materials-welding-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group's bolg at http://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.



--
regards,
Harish.

--
To post to this group, send email to materials-welding@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to materials-welding-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group's bolg at http://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

No comments:

Re: [MW:34832] Inquiry about Single Bevel with Back Grinding

Dear Uday, As per your question that one is called with backing only,Simple both side you are welding it is backing with strip or without st...