- As per table 323.3.1, column (A), point A (5) a is applicable for the number of test pieces based on the thickness of test coupon 0.5T to T+6.
- The application of table 323.3.1 is depends upon table 323.3.2
- The table 323.3.2 should be cross referred with Table A-1 (Minimum temperature column) for impact requirement.
- The thickness requirement will be applicable as per QW 403.6.
This is my interpretation of below mentioned query.
Sent: 10 June 2009 14:21
Subject: [MW:2392] ASME B31.3
While qualifying a WPS for piping fabrication ( production welds ) as per ASME Sec IX & ASME B 31.3... what will be the base material qualification range in WPS.
1. As per ASME Sec IX QW 403.6 is applicable.
2. The base material thickness range 0.5 T to T+6 as given in table 323.3.1 ( Imact tesing requirements for metals ) in ASME B31.3 is applicable or not.
Could any one can send me the clarification. ( is there any applicable code case)
Our contractor saying that Table 323.3.1 is applicable only for materials which are going to use below the temparature specified in ASME B 31.3 for that material.
*** WORLEYPARSONS GROUP NOTICE *** "This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the email and any attachments. Any personal views or opinions expressed by the writer may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any company in the WorleyParsons Group of Companies."
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to email@example.com
For more options, visit this group's bolg at http://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.